iodyne is dedicated to building the best Thunderbolt storage for professionals, and that commitment includes getting you off to a great start.
Below are our Top Five tips to get the most out of Pro Data, plus a Bonus tip for Intel Mac Pro users!
- Location: A single Pro Data can lay flat under a monitor or laptop shelf...
...or one or more may sit upright using the interlocking vertical stands provided.
NOTE: Please ensure proper ventilation and verify that Pro Data vents are not blocked or receiving hot exhaust air from other equipment fans.
It’s also important that the distance between your computer and Pro Data is within the length of your Thunderbolt cables.
Need longer cables? Visit our store to find longer cables up to 50m!
- Cabling: Be sure that each Thunderbolt connection from a computer is to a separate port pair on Pro Data, as shown below:
Use two Thunderbolt connections from a single computer to maximize throughput, and/or single connections from multiple computers for collaboration.
The other port within the pair can be used to connect downstream to more Pro Data devices, docks, 4K displays, or USB accessories. You can use the left or right port of the pair for the computer connection: the type of connection is determined automatically when you plug in.
Bonus tip for Intel Mac Pro: For peak performance, we recommend using only the Thunderbolt ports on the rear chassis, as those on the tower top and rackmount front share bandwidth with other internal components.
Click here for an optimal cabling diagram for the most common setups.
- Startup: Pro Data automatically boots when power is supplied: its LED blinks violet for about 45 seconds, then glows solid violet when ready.
- Install Software: A software install volume will mount if iodyne software isn’t already running on the computer. Review the accompanying readme file or these online instructions, launch the installer, and follow the instructions to install.
Bonus tip: Get a head start! Download (r.iodyne.com/mac/download) and install the iodyne software before your Pro Data arrives.
- Register: Following installation and reboot, the iodyne utility will launch automatically. Name and secure your new device with a password, then register it with a free iodyne Cloud account for an extended warranty at no cost, and free replacement SSD modules during your extended warranty period.
- Provision: Allocate up to 15 storage containers, each customizable with its own RAID level and password. Consider different types of data in your workflow, such as photo or video archives, backups, scratch space, and working storage for your projects, to plan your container provisioning.
Pro Data can be used as one large volume or divided among projects, tasks, collaborators, or any combination – on-the-fly and with zero downtime. Containers can then be handed off between computers instantly without re-cabling.
If you want to benchmark your new Pro Data, we’ve written in-depth articles on measuring performance for single and multiple Pro Data configurations.
We hope you enjoy your new Pro Data, and can’t wait to hear how it unlocks your creative productivity! If you’d like advice on optimizing your Pro Data workflow or need any help getting started, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at: email@example.com